Summer Institute 2018: Building a Culture of Collaborative Adult Learning
Stay tuned for the Summer Institute 2019.
Be a change agent in your school or district. Join us for our 3-day Summer Institute!
Bring your team and collaborate with like-minded peers, gaining the confidence and skills necessary to improve the adult learning culture at your district or school. Go beyond meeting agendas and protocols. Instead, learn how to address the underlying mindsets and competencies that enable teachers to work together and unlock their collective potential.
This course fulfills a requirement for our Certificate in Adult Learning Through Collaborative Inquiry. See full list of certification courses here.
Check out the Summer Institute FAQ.
2018 Institute Details:
Dates: Tuesday, June 19th through Thursday, June 21st
Times: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Mills College
- How do we design for deeper learning for adults?
- How do we build a sense of belonging and engagement for our adult learners?
- How do we create safe, honest learning spaces that build adults’ self-awareness of their effectiveness?
What Participants Will Learn:
In order to design more impactful collaborative learning spaces for teachers, you will:
- Learn powerful frameworks and principles for developing a vibrant adult learning culture
- Map your current reality and give voice to your vision for adult learning in your context
- Experience how heightened attention to the quality of interaction between adult learners helps build effective teams
- Leave the institute with a clear plan of action for your district, school, grade-level, or department
I’m a School Administrator. Should I attend?
Yes! Use this time to learn how to create the conditions that empower your teachers and encourage effective collaboration. Show your team that you value teacher agency, voice, and expertise.
I’m a Teacher. Should I attend?
Yes! You don’t have to be in a leadership position to become a leader of meaningful change. With our frameworks and toolset, you will have the skills and confidence needed to impact the adult learning spaces in your school.
I’m a Coach. Should I attend?
Yes! Walk away with tools and frameworks to both enhance your coaching practice and to help you better support teacher learning and collaboration at your school or district.
The Summer Institute Includes:
- Materials, a light breakfast, and hearty lunch
- 2 professional development units available for purchase at $200
Don’t forget to check out the Summer Institute FAQ!
Register by May 21st for a 10% early bird discount! Use code: MAY21
- $685 for the first person on the team.
- $585 for each additional team member.
- Teams of 3 or more are highly encouraged.
For more information, email us at email@example.com.